Monday, August 29, 2011

Day 92


Today was the first time in 16+ years that I haven't started school in the fall with everyone else.  It's a little strange feeling.  In some ways my day felt no different than the rest of the days this summer.  Got up and went to work, got home ate something, then went to a meeting.  There wasn't a real noticeable or distinctive difference in my day.  Then I got on Facebook and my newsfeed was full of people's school status updates and pictures from the first day of classes, the hoe down, orientation, moving in etc. and remembered what many of my friends were doing today, starting school.  What a strange feeling.  Don't get me wrong I feel good about being done with school but the nerdy part of me kind of misses it.  The funny thing is that I don't necessarily miss the social part but rather the classes.  Going to class, doing homework, reading textbooks, writing papers, it all gave me a sense of purpose.  And I really do like writing.  I'll miss being able to process through a paper and having a structured space to explore topics the most.  Guess I'll just have to find another way to stir things up, both within myself and with those around me.  So, good luck to everyone that started today and if you ever need someone to think through an issue with give me a call.

No comments:

Post a Comment