Friday, September 16, 2011

Day 110


Two things can be deduced from the following picture.  1.  People always say to live in the moment or embrace the moment etc.  This is not always possible when you have bills to pay or a gas tank to fill.  That is almost entirely depressing to realize.  In other words, as much as I would just love to do whatever I want on the spur of the moment I can't.  I would be letting my housemate down if I didn't pay the rent and I would be doing myself a great disservice if I stopped eating.  :)  But seriously, at the same time I don't want to fit in to the statistic that Americans work hard and hate their jobs.  I don't want to be that person who comes home and does nothing but bitch about work.  Now the trick is finding something that will pay the bills and that I enjoy doing.  Either that or find a balance in what I do so that I do not feel the desire to complain every time I get home.

The second thing I can take from this picture is that my car needs a good cleaning inside.  Maybe tomorrow....

1 comment:

  1. I am not in the same boat as you, but I think we are at least in similar waters :) I've learned that we go through seasons; I think in pictures and abstractness so barer with me...God is the master artist, but we are still the painter in our own lives. God gives us inspiration and vision for what our painting should look like, God even gives us the tools and paint to use, yet it is left up to us to do the painting. We often prefer certain colors or perhaps certain brushes, but in order to create ultimate beauty in our masterpiece we need to use all that has been provided for us. There are times to paint with grey and times to paint with purple. Times to use a spatula and times to use a fine tip brush. Painting the sky is essential to our masterpiece, but so is painting the dirt on the ground and the shadows on the mountain. The ability to do what we love, or even to do primarily what we enjoy is a privilege that most people do not experience. Sometimes to avoid being "that statistic" simple means to choose not to complain, and to choose to glean what you can from where you are. Keep working with what is on your pallet and God will provide you with more paint, more tools and more inspiration.

    ReplyDelete