Friday, September 23, 2011

Day 115 - 117


I had the opportunity the last three days to be out of contact with most the world and it was kind of wonderful.  I visited a couple friends who work at Ghormley (the camp I was on summer staff at two years ago).  It's off of Highway 12 before you get to Yakima.  That drive, even with nearly constant construction is so beautiful.  It's the kind of beauty where you come around a corner and suck in your breathe.  The five hour drive is more than worth it.


While I was there I was able to just chill and relax.  I read a book, watched Jane Eyre (and a couple other movies), helped make tuna noodle casserole and just talked with Trisha about everything from my current state of unemployment to theology.  It was wonderful.  We stayed up till two this morning over a cup of coffee (and water for me) just sharing stories and laughing.  I needed that break very much.  But it ended as all "get away" excursions do.  I'm back in the living room of my apartment diligently searching for a job, posting my pictures and answering the 58 emails I got while I was gone.  So, you could say life is back to normal.  Minus the job part, hopefully that won't become a normal thing or a theme.  Cross your fingers!


Mt. Rainier on the way home.  I could have stayed there all day...

No comments:

Post a Comment